1.30.2009

lost in translation

We were driving home from the store today and the sound of my tires kicking up snow and slush was uncharacteristically loud in the vicinity of the rear door on Ocean's side of the car. I knew I had shut that particular door tight because Ocean tried to close it himself at the store and it didn't close all the way, so I re-opened it and slammed it shut.

I pulled over and sure enough his door was open.

"Ocean," I gasped. "You must not ever, ever open your car door. It is very dangerous. If your door is open while we're driving you could go flying out of the car."

Ocean was quiet for a few seconds, and then shook his head. "I don't have wings. I have just arms... and stuff."

2 comments:

Sgt. Wolverine said...

Hey! This is Burrill, your former Knox co-worker; my sister stumbled across your blog and sent it my way. How's it going?

Cassie said...

Burrill! I think I tried emailing you a year or two ago to say hello... email me at cassiebrabbs at hotmail dot com so we can catch up.