1.10.2009

fun facts, AFCA edition

Fun fact #1:
I am blogging from Nashville.

Fun fact #2:
I was the only chick at set-up this afternoon. It is a good bet I will be the only female at the convention wearing more than a bikini the entire weekend.

Fun fact #3:
We are not the only recruit management software company here. But we are the best. I am biased, but I am also right.

Fun fact #4:
Before we left this morning our TV smelled like it was going to blow up. So it's safe to assume that my wonderful mother-in-law, henceforth referred to as Super Grandma, will go stir-crazy without PBS Kids. Or maybe I'm projecting. Either way, I'm working on finding a temporary replacement so don't fret, friends.

Fun fact #5:
According to Super Grandma my kids are happy and haven't asked for either mommy or daddy. This actually makes ME happy, because I know they are well cared for.

Fun fact #6:
Super Grandma told me on the phone just now that they all had a great day and that she is tired. I know how she feels, and I know it's because she gives her all to my children. I must confess that I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees how incredibly exhausting my kids are. Delightful, but exhausting. The spirited duo that they are.

Fun fact #7:
I'm looking forward to going to bed early and sleeping all night long with almost zero possibility of interruptions for the first time in over 3 years. Have I mentioned how much I love Super Grandma right now?

Fun fact #8:
I plan to post pictures of our booth once we get them uploaded. We're stoked.

4 comments:

Steph - the 313 said...

have a wonderful trip! praying that it's a success!!! Thank God for super grandma! :) safe travels.

Balazers said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Alysa said...

Can't wait to see pics! You guys will do great :)

Becky said...

Wow, I so hear you on the pleasures of sleeping when your kids are far away!

Sounds like a good time!