I was "tagged" on Facebook (whatever that means... I'm still figuring out this Facebook thing) and was supposed to post 25 things about myself. I'm putting it here also for narcissism's sake I suppose.
1. My legal name is Catherine. No, not Cassandra. Yes, Cassie is a nickname for Catherine. Yes, I'm sure. Yes, I've always been Cassie.
2. I dropped out of 3 colleges in 2 years. My high school superlative was "Most Likely to Succeed." (Sorry, class of 97.)
3. I am so far removed from my life pre-children that most of my newest friends have no idea that my favorite place to be is singing on stage.
4. I was meant for warm weather but I was also meant for Ann Arbor. So you see my problem.
5. Having children has made me relax... a LOT. I used to get all worked up about one issue or another, be it political, religious, relational or whatever. And now I just flash a peace sign and give hugs.
6. That being said, if you want to see me go from zero to psycho in record speed don't use your turn signal. It seriously infuriates me.
7. I've spent the last few years deconstructing my faith and learning that the Christianity I followed had little to do with the Jesus I now want to know. I'm not comfortable with where I am currently but I think it's good to be uncomfortable. So I'm okay with it.
8. I'm bossy. When I was a child my parents and teachers used to call me a "natural leader." But nope... just a fancy way of saying "bossy."
9. Whenever tragedy strikes I get an unexplainable urge to pierce something. I've had countless holes in my face over the years.
10. I spent a combined 42 hours in labor with my kids, and a combined 95.5 weeks pregnant with the 3 of them.
11. My favorite store is Anthropologie. I'm very glad that we don't have one near us or we might go bankrupt.
12. I have learned to never say never.
13. If I could skip pregnancy, labor and the first year I'd totally have another kid. Although thinking about the actual birth is almost enough to make me want another. That, and wanting to use the other names we've come up with.
14. I've been a vegetarian for over 4 years. My children have never eaten meat. I can't see myself as an omnivore again, but see #12.
15. My house is usually a wreck because (a) I'm tired, (b) I spend time making lists about myself instead of cleaning it and (c) I don't care.
16. I spent much of my youth afraid of being alone. Now I spend much of my time trying to get a moment to myself.
17. I have a shower curtain addiction. I own way more than any one person with three full bathrooms should own.
18. I don't like scary movies, haunted houses or things that go bump in the night.
19. I'm notoriously terrible at returning phone calls and emails. In my head I think about my reply and then I forget to actually respond.
20. I've never heard my husband raise his voice. He's a lot nicer than I am.
21. My son's name comes from Amos 5:8 in The Message: "Do you realize where you are? You're in a cosmos star-flung with constellations by God, A world God wakes up each morning and puts to bed each night. God dips water from the ocean and gives the land a drink. God, God-revealed, does all this."
22. My daughter's name means rainbow and comes from Genesis 9:16: "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
23. I find cliches annoying but I love figures of speech.
24. I'm still a Britney fan. Sue me.
25. It has taken me too long to finish this.