12.11.2008

a christmas cleaning song

It's been a long time since I've written any music, but as I was cleaning up the playroom tonight I couldn't help but make a mental note of all I was picking up. Soon this little ditty was running through my head and I couldn't stop myself. To the tune of "The 12 Days of Christmas", starring actual items in actual quantities that were in our playroom.

We'll start at the last verse and work backward... otherwise it will become entirely too cumbersome.

While cleaning up the playroom the last thing I did see
Twelve Megablocks
Eleven scraps of paper
Ten cups-a-molding
Nine DVDs
Eight books-a-laying
Seven snacks half-eaten
Six teddy bears
Fiiiiiiiive Wonderbras!
Four dirty towels
Three boxes
Two remote controls
and a dirty diaper (it was just pee!)

(No syke. Try not to judge me.)

No comments: