4.27.2007

in a heartbeat

We had our first prenatal appointment today with our midwife and we heard the baby's heartbeat. It was 160... totally strong and on the high end of normal, just like Ocean's was. I think we may be in for it.

It's one thing to see a little pink line on a home pregnancy test; it's an entirely different experience to hear the "Whoomp-whoomp, whoomp-whoomp" of your unborn child's heart. There's actually a little growing person in there, swimming, flipping and twisting (at least that's what mine was doing, because the heartbeat kept moving around and we could hear sloshing with every turn). It all became so much more real today. And the experience was extra special this time around because Ocean wanted to sit on my tummy while we listened to the heartbeat. I know I'm emotional anyway but that just about sent me over the edge.

What a neat day. =)

No comments: