9.25.2009

fragments of funny

Many ridiculous things have been going on and if I currently had the ability or desire to form a cohesive thought I'd probably have a more clever way to present them. But really I just want to get them written down so I can throw away all of these durn post-it notes. So here they be.

------------------------------

Ocean and Iris were chatting on the porch in their swimsuits. 
Iris: [points at Ocean's nipple] What's that?
Ocean: It's my mole.
Me: It's your nipple.
Ocean: It's my nipple.
Iris: Ooooooh! Nipple!
Ocean: Yeah, it's for the milk.
Iris: Milk?
Ocean: Yeah, for my baby.
Iris: [looks horrified, probably because she never liked nursing anyway]

------------------------------

Iris calls lasagna Zanana.

------------------------------

When Ocean doesn't hear you he asks, "What you said?"

------------------------------

Any item bearing the label "Spot Clean Only" is practically an open invitation for one of my children to urinate all over said item. Thankfully, I don't pay attention to labels. In other words, Ocean's stuffed zebra will never be the same.

------------------------------

Ocean: [yaaaaaaaaaaaawn]
Iris: [looking disgusted] Excuse you. Ex. Cuse.

------------------------------

My mom: Ocean, I was watching you run around on the beach earlier and you just looked like such a big boy!
Ocean: Maybe it's the sunglasses?


6 comments:

Amy said...

These are great! I love the "Ex.Cuse." Only the beginning of Iris being disgusted by her big bro, I'm sure!

Amy said...

What adorable little snippets. And I do those post-it notes too!

In fact, I have quite a little collection going on the wall here and I think I might just have to totally steal your idea. Oooh, it could be an irregular weekly thing, for Fridays, cos I love me some alliteration!

Bex said...

so cute! don't you love getting to watch your little ones grow into such funny people?

Cassie said...

Funny Fragment Friday... I like it! For all of those half-composed posts that are better suited to Twitter. (But I still refuse to conform!)

Becky said...

Ex. Cuse. is my new thang now.

I love that Ocean is ready to nurse a child if need be!

Mom said...

Don't forget Iris always wanting to ride in the "alligator" at the beach house! Mom