8.18.2009

watch out, american idol.

I've discovered that my son is a lyrical genius. He's just started singing these songs that have themes and melodies and rhymes and he completely makes them up. I thought to grab a pen for this one:

I remember when you were brave
I remember when you were smart
I remember when you were nice
I remember when you were heart
I remember your cuddles
I remember your snuggles
I love you when you share
I love you when you care
I remember you and me
I remember our family

I can't even be horrified by the lyrics because that rhyming is phenomenal. I think I asked if the song was about me but I don't think he answered me, or he may have said that I'm a terrible mother and only a shell of the person I used to be. Either way... rhyming!

I grabbed the camera in time to record this gem. 



The lyrics:

to watch another sky
somebody painted the sky yellow
and the sun went down
and they paint the sun green
so it can be night
in the sky

Seriously, you guys, he's only three. It's like preschool poetry. I only wish I could come up with stuff this good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm.... didn't you do a song called "Painted the Sky"????
That is adorable!

Cassie said...

I KNOW!!! That's the first thing I thought of. He's never heard it though. Isn't that nuts?

His is way better though... much more ambiguous and poetic.

Andrea said...

He is a rockstar poet, with an ear for melody, no less! I've spent time with 7 year olds who try to write poetry and they can't get past 5 word chain poems, two of the words being princess. Great idea to write those beauties down. :)

Bex said...

get that boy an electric guitar and some drums! you have a budding musical genius on your hands. be prepared to firmly but gently turn away misguided young ladies!

Becky said...

That is unreal! I love it. At least as good as any Raffi number. Keep writing those down.

Maureen Anders said...

So talented! How adorable!